Savers is a wonderful thing. For $1.99, I picked up a Duluth Trivia board game.
1. What was on the roof of the former Goldfines building on Garfield Avenue?
2. What business is located there now? (It’s still there, I think.)
3. What movie starring Patty Duke was filmed at Glensheen?
4. For many years, the Duluth Zoo had the only living specimen in the US of one animal. Name that animal.
Some cards are surely sponsored, some by businesses long dead.
- One asks “What was the location of the first McGregor-Soderstrom store?”
- (What was McGregor-Soderstrom?)
Another asks “What freeway exit do you take to get to Thompson’s Freeway Standard?” “What is the name of the blue and gold macaw that resides at Animal Crackers?” Another asks about “Wheel’N Inn, Rathert Chevrolet, Ridgeview Lanes, Prindle Jones Co., Ben Franklin (about the Kenwood location), the Duluth Academy (a cosmetology college).
One card asks “What was the first delivery vehicle used by Dave’s Pizza?” How was anyone supposed to know that? It also asks you to name eight toppings available at Dave’s pizza.
This business I know still exists, as I thumb through these:
- “What year did the first Video Vision store open in Duluth?”
- “A VCR & 3 movies rented overnight is called a ____? (Party Pak)
I’ll post more as long as it seems fun to do so.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here