Smashing ice at the Duluth Curling Club

If the spring weather has you frustrated, perhaps you’ll find this video cathartic.

johnjaundice

Holy goddamn that's the most terrifying sound of all time!!!!

I considered warning people to turn the sound down before playing, but then the evil inside me took over.

andrew

Why can't they just let it melt?

-Berv

I think they had to get it ready for the home show or something like that.

brian

Now I know what I want to be when I grow up.

heysme

Learned some things - 1) Need to read comments before watching any PDD video by Evil Paul. 2) The sound of breaking ice in Curling Club is terrifying and loud!!! I have spent many days walking the Skywalk in the winter for exercise. Sure wish I would have been walking by when this was going on! 3) I always thought the blue/red lines and circles were below the ice.

moosetracks

Starting the video with the volume on mute then finishing it with volume is terrifying.

@heysme - There is a layer of ice, then it is painted white, and the red and blue lines are painted on top of that.  More ice is on top of that

ethompson

Funny thing about the soundtrack of this video. I had just put my 4 month old into her swing hoping she'd fall asleep. She was squawking like crazy fighting her tiredness. Pushed play not realizing my volume was blasted, and she immediately got quiet. I must have played the video five times straight.  She was out cold.  Best advice I got about being a new parent, "do whatever works." Thank you Duluth Curling Club and Paul!