From the Duluth trivia deck scored at Savers. Thanks to those who have corrected the previous entries and discussed them with vigor. I learned a lot.
1. Who was Duluth’s first mayor?
2. What was the name of the first ship to pass through the Duluth Ship Canal?
3. In what year was the Duluth Bethel Society founded?
4. In what year did the Duluth Board of Trade organize? (The link is about the building, not the organization.)
5. Who developed the Lake Vermilion Iron Fields?
6. When the Duluth Street Railway opened in 1881, how much did it cost to ride in one of its mule-drawn cars?
7. What part of Duluth was known as a “Hay Fever Haven“?
8. What did the City of Duluth do when it was found that its Lake Superior water had asbestiform particles which are linked to cancer?
9. What was Soroptimist International?
10. This one feels like it might be suspect: What was the first church in the Village of West Duluth?
11. True or False: Duluth once had a Duluth Toboggan and Snowshoe Association?
1. Joshua B. Culver
2. The Fero
5. Charlemagne Tower, Jr. I guess I know why the town is named Tower, now.
6. Five cents
7. Minnesota Point
8. The City of Duluth build a new water filtration plant. Wow. What was this like? Can someone living here tell me whether this was as spooky as it sounds?
9. Soroptimist International was a “women’s service club” according to the card — what did they do, and what happened to them?
10. Plymouth Congregational Church
11. True. Time for a revival?
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here