The image above is from two weeks ago; the image below is from about 100 years ago.
The Romanesque-style building on First Street between Fourth and Fifth avenues west opened in 1894 to serve as the central Duluth post office. The new federal building was completed in 1930 and since then has served as the Downtown post office. The post office building in the image above was razed in 1934.
The Holland Hotel opened in 1910, closed in 1961, and was demolished to make way for the new Radisson Hotel.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here