January 2005 in Review
- Low releases The Great Destroyer. (Video by Starfire.)
- The Twin Ports Music and Arts Collective closes.
- Nutty Meg’s closes.
- Eric Ringsred and his son Miles plan to open a drinking establishment called the Cider House at the old Snyder’s Superstop. (It never happens, and instead Dubh Linn Irish Pub opens there in 2006.)
- The Red Star Lounge is under construction at the Fitger’s Brewery Complex.
- Mike Neal opens Splash Beach Club in the former Western Tavern. It briefly serves as Duluth’s only alcohol-free weekend dance club.
- Management of the NorShor Theatre transfers from Chip Stewart and Craig Samborski to J.P. Rennquist.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here
Andrewabout 8 years ago
vicariousabout 8 years ago