From 1870 to 1894, Duluth’s downtown post office was located in the Hayes Block, a building that still stands at 26 E. Superior St. as part of the Wieland Block apartments.
Constructed in 1870, the building was financed and owned by Rutherford B. Hayes before he became U.S. president. It has been significantly remodeled numerous times over the past 150 years.
The image above was shot by Paul B. Gaylord for the stereoview card shown below.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here