Euclid Masonic Lodge 198 was dedicated on March 31, 1909. State Grand Master Eugene Swan presided over the services. About 800 people attended.
One hundred years later, it appears vacant and up for sale. The location is 611 N. Central Ave.
The Euclid Lodge was formed on Oct. 14, 1890, when 48 members signed a petition for dispensation to the Grand Lodge. During its early years, business was conducted in a small hall on Grand Avenue. The lodge later moved to a frame building on the corner of Cody Street and Central Avenue.
Land for the now-100-year-old building was purchased in 1906. Construction began in June 1908.
The lodge had a membership of 653 in 1930 and 805 in 1965. The building at Central Avenue was still in use at least through 2003.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here