“Murder House” condemned

Apparently the “Murder House” in West Duluth has been condemned. I walked by today and noticed some of the insane signs on the property have been taken down. The neighbor said the place is going to be demolished.

conrad

It's kinda sad. I know if I lived by there I wouldn't think that, but it's kinda a fun corner to go by. There was a house for sale by there a little while ago. I wasn't looking but contemplated a move so I could be by the murder house.

Did you get any close-up shots of the insane signs?

Good Guy

That has been condemned for at least 6 months now.

Bad Cat!

Now that it's empty, feel like giving out the address to those not in the know?

It's on the corner of Fremont St. and S. 64th Ave. W. Here's a zoom in on one of the signs.

Anon

The guy that lived in that house served time in jail for bringing a pistol into a nearby church, pulling it out, and saying crazy things to the pastor. The “murders” are refering to a dog and the crazy guy’s mother. Of course both of these are just delusions.

Laze

I biked by this house one day a couple of summers ago. Respectively, from the curb, I stopped to read what the signs had to say. They seemed to be a mixture of human rights clauses mixed with the truly delusional rantings of - I'm assuming - a paranoid schizophrenic. As I was reading, the homeowner, a fairly hagrid man resembling Charles Manson - came out of the house and started to rant off at me about the signs. I asked him "what are these about"? and he went of about the DPD, city hall and any governmental entity with supposed jurisdiction over his property - how they were trying to take his home (who knows?). I politely cut him off and told him I had to leave (because he was clearly scaring the child I was biking with). So, in that context: -Mentally ill 1st ammend. exerciser - 0 -Government - 1

Jim

Where does this guy live now? I still see him in the neighborhood riding his bike. I assumed he still lived at the house.

Chris

I think someone should introduce him to the other crazy sign guy who lives up by Cotton. I have a feeling they may get along famously and would make wonderful roommates.

adam

I say crazy thing to brothers and nuns all the time. (Un)Fortunately, they're my relatives.

An update to this post: The murder house has now been demolished.

I was walking past the West Duluth Porcupine Hotel today and saw the Murder House guy's bicycle parked nearby. Then I saw several piles of trash on the side of the road. Then I saw a couch cushion come flying out of the bushes. Murder House guy was removing all the garbage from the woods. It was good to see him channeling energy toward this purpose. Perhaps one day he will do enough good to make the list of beloved characters in Duluth.

ruby2sd4y

The former owner/bicycle guy passed my mechanic and myself yesterday on a test-drive on the Jamar curve. We each exchanged a friendly wave and nod.

I just came across some photos I shot of Murder House signs from five years ago. If you click on them, they should be big enough to read.

adam

Dude, just give up information on perpetual motion so you won't be jailed for a most indefinite time.