Prøve Gallery is seeking artwork for its “Fragility” exhibition, opening Jan. 11. The show is focusing on the beauty, uncertainty and fragility of winter.
The news release notes: “From the snow on the ground, ice in the trees, the dry cold wind, to the mental strain that can only come from the reduced daylight; January is a time that highlights fragility in the Northland.”
– Any form and style of art is acceptable.
– Work cannot exceed 10′ x 8′ x 8′ (h x l x d).
– All hung work must not exceed 50lbs., and must be ready to hang.
– All freestanding works must support their weight and may not be attached to the floor.
All submitted materials must be written in English. Prøve Gallery will provide
publicity, exhibition invitations, mailings and an opening reception. It will not provide insurance for any works exhibited. Prøve claims a 40 percent commission on all works sold while on display. All work is shown at
the artist’s own risk. All work shipped to Prøve must be sent with return
shipping or be picked up by the artist or an artist’s representative.
E-mail submissions to nick @ provegallery.com or send via mail with enclosed return postage to:
21 N. Lake Ave.
Duluth MN 55802
Include the following:
– Artist statement as a PDF, including a brief statement on each piece if needed.
– Up to ten images or video of work for consideration in pdf, jpg, mov, or avi format.
– Submissions are due by Dec. 31. This is not a postmark date, but an arrive-by
– Selected artists will be notified at the end of the day on Jan. 2.
– Drop off dates are Jan. 3-5, from 3 to 7 p.m. All work shipped to the gallery must arrive no later than Jan. 9 and include return postage.
– The opening reception for “Fragility” will be Jan. 11 from 7 to 11 p.m.
– The show will run for two weeks and conclude on Jan. 26.
– Pick up will be Jan 31 through Feb. 2 from 3 to 7 p.m.
Direct any questions to Nickolas Monson, nick @ provegallery.com.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here