The Arrowhead Regional Arts Council (ARAC)…
… located in Duluth, serves individual artists, nonprofit arts organizations, informal arts groups, community education organizations, and non-arts nonprofit organizations that reside in the 7 county Arrowhead Region in northeastern Minnesota. ARAC is one of 11 regional arts councils in Minnesota who awards grants to individual artists and nonprofit arts organizations. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage local arts development, and this mission statement grows from a conviction that the arts improve the quality of life in the region.
We are looking to hire a Media Relations Intern for the summer of 2014. The focus of the position will be on developing and doing outreach for the local arts community in the Arrowhead Region. This will also include building out our social media platform by contributing to and maintaining our social media sites, as well as contributing to a monthly newsletter. The ideal applicant will be creative and have an expressed interest in the arts, the arts community, and not-for-profit work. In addition to this, the intern is expected to be self-motivated, an open communicator, have strong interpersonal skills, and be able to create and maintain professional relationships out in the community.
The internship is a great opportunity for an individual to get hands-on experience in the unique field of art funding, how to create community relationships, the field of social media, and will give the applicant the ability to build marketing, communications, and public relations skills. The intern will report to and work closely with the Operations Manager to further the Council’s media relations goals.
Location: Northeast MN Activity Area: Arts, Culture and Humanities
Category: Public Relations and Marketing Closing Date: Jun 1, 2014
Job Type: Intern Salary: $14/hr
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
- Promote development by connecting local organizations through a shared interest in, and work within, the local arts
- Produce written and visual social media content, while promoting and maintaining social media sites
- Draft and edit marketing materials and press releases
- Help to create and manage a database of local artists, organizations and contacts in the Arrowhead Region
- Help to research and develop Council outreach and communication policies
- Research and promote articles, resources, and happenings within the local arts community
- Work within an open and creative learning environment where interns and staff collaborate and co-learn
- Pursuing or recently earned a degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Arts or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and all major social media platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well both verbally and written
- An interest in and desire to strengthen the local arts community
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Proven ability and experience with social media campaigns to connect with bloggers and other influencers within that space to promote programs
- Knowledge of website editing and content management preferred
Academic credit is available through this position.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, a brief writing sample, and if possible, a sample of your social media work to email@example.com by Sunday, June 1st.
Leave a Comment
Only registerd members can post a comment , Login / Register Here