Perfect Duluth Day | Duluth News Events Music and More



Found pup

I am in the Lakeside area and have found a terrier mix. It’s female, very well groomed. Possibly a puppy.  Very sweet. Are you missing her? Actually, a neighbor found her but already has too many dogs, so I will lodge her and on Monday I will be bringing her to Animal Allies to see if she is possibly micro-chipped.

Pin It

6 Comment(s)

  1. Animal Allies didn’t want to deal with her because she is out of their jurisdiction, so I called the pound and let them know I had her, with all info if anyone is looking.

    Kristinb | Oct 21, 2012 | New Comment
  2. Well, still have the pup and no one has inquired through North Shore Vet, City Pound, Marshall Hardware, The Mailman and here. I am loving her. How could she not be missed by someone?

    Kristinb | Oct 23, 2012 | New Comment
  3. Thanks for taking care of this puppy, Kristinb!

    I have a question: what did Animal Allies mean that the dog is ‘out of their jurisdiction’? We donate there monthly, and our understanding is that the city of Duluth is their jurisdiction(?)

    emmadogs | Oct 23, 2012 | New Comment
  4. Animal Allies told me that Duluth is not in their jurisdiction…I was confused as well. I called on Sunday morning. Not sure why they couldn’t help me, maybe because I am in Lakeside??? I have also donated there and don’t understand what they actually do then.

    Kristinb | Oct 23, 2012 | New Comment
  5. From Animal Allies’s website [and note the proper use of apostrophe :-) ]

    I found a stray. What do I do?

    Call the appropriate shelter (listed below) to find out next steps.

    •Found within the city limits of Duluth: call Animal Control at (218) 723-3259 or (218) 390-2256
    •Found within Hermantown city limits: call Hermantown Police Department at (218) 729-1200
    •Found within Proctor city limits: call Proctor Police Department at (218) 624-7788
    •Found in Southern St. Louis County: call Animal Allies at (218) 722-5341
    •Found within city limits of Superior: call Animal Allies Humane Society in Superior at (715) 394-7387 or the Humane Officer at (715) 395-7280.

    Also from AA website:

    I need to rehome my cat/dog. How can Animal Allies help?
    Animal Allies accepts surrendered animals by appointment. To surrender your pet, please call us at (218) 623-6350.

    So I guess maybe AA follows up with the city shelter? In any event, I hope the pup gets to stay with you, it sounds like she would have a great home with you.

    emmadogs | Oct 23, 2012 | New Comment
  6. Thank you Emmadogs….she’s definitely a keeper.

    Kristinb | Oct 23, 2012 | New Comment

Post a Comment
Subscribe To Comments RSS

You must be logged in to post a comment.