The Duluth Accordionaires — Music to Eat Pizza By (1967)

I just found a post on Vinyl From Hell where the entire album is available for online listening.

There’s also an “I was a Duluth Accordionaire” Facebook page, with excellent photos like these:

Codie

I've listened to this on vinyl once before. Nothing but cheesy Italian pizzeria background music. (no pun intended) Still, pretty awesome!

Elden

I have another Duluth Accordionaires album burried somewhere deep in the basement. I don't remember what the album name is. There is a group shot on the back of the album with the 30 or so members lined up. I have no way to play vinyl, but the album cover was still worth the 25 cents I think I paid for it.

Jim M

I saw a vinyl copy of the Don Yoder classic "Because He Lives" in the used bin at the Fetus the other day. It's under the Y section.

NateL

I have this album hanging on my office wall at work.

Tomasz

As a fan of old-skul cheezy musak, I have to say that this is one *EPIC* find. NEED IT!

rykwon

I have a Duluth Accordianaires album somewhere, it's covered in American flags and such. I have never listened to it though.

Amy S.

That is SOOO my dad in the top photo!!

Amy, I suspect it isn't an expression you're using, and that really is your dad. That photo is dated May 1980, by the way. I want to see the Accordionaires' 1967 appearance on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.

Amy S.

Nope, really is my dad, Paul Swanoski. We're polka freaks.

Marios

I was a Duluth Accordionaire! Technically a Swingaire, and then an Accordion Ambassador after Copiskey passed away. Best music teacher ever! Crazy to see old pics of Johnny. Does anyone have old pics of Johnny's Music?

hbh1

Wasn't Lefty an Accordionaire?

sparhawk

I have this record and one of the guys who played on it (and is in the awesome band shot on the back) goes to the church I go to. Apparently this was one of Jeno Paulucci's big ideas -- pretty innovative, if you think about it -- "gotta rope in these teenagers!"

Adam

Anyone know of any local polka bands (besides the Chmielewski Funtime Band)? I need a polka band.

Pat

A big thanks for sharing my website, Vinyl from Hell. For anyone interesting in more Duluth Accordionaire music, the Vinyl Cave in Superior has many of their other releases.

Bad Cat!

This record is in my living room right now!

Are you eating pizza?

Bad Cat!

Sadly no. I'm not sure if it was legal for me to listen to the record without pizza, but I risked it. My partner's mom was a Duluth Accordionaire back in the day, and asked me to rip the vinyl (which I don't have to do now because I see that someone beat me to it).

Frazgo Fraz

about 12 months ago

What a great little find this. A total stroll down memory lane. My cousin Terry Kasie, RIP, played with them when I was a kid. Both my Mom and my Aunt have this album stashed away somewhere. I was completely surprised to find it on a wall in a little Pizza Bistro in suburban L.A a couple of years ago. In my own daft nostalgic way I think I'd like a copy of my own for old times sake.