First Presbyterian Church of Duluth circa 1870
Duluth’s First Presbyterian Church was built at 231 E. Second St. in 1870. It was replaced by a larger building in 1891, across the street at 300 E. Second St., which still stands. The original church was used by other congregations until it was demolished in 1971. The area is now part of the Rainbow Senior Center property.
A monument on the grounds at the Rainbow Center notes the church history.
Photographers William Caswell and William Henry Davy ran a studio in Duluth circa 1870-75 and were responsible for many of the stereographs circulated during the era.
The full First Presbyterian Church stereograph is below.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here