The six photos in this post are all from Detroit Publishing Company, and appear to have been shot on the same date — unless someone with a keen eye can call out evidence to the contrary. They are generally labeled as scenes from “the Bluffs,” which is an area of Duluth that later became known as the Point of Rocks. These photos appear to have been shot in a part of Point of Rocks that is known as Central Park, at the eastern-most part of the Lincoln Park neighborhood.
The Library of Congress dates these images as circa 1898, and the lack of an Aerial Bridge over the shipping canal proves they are no more recent than 1905.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here