This photo from the Detroit Publishing Company shows the Duluth Boat Club on the bay side of Minnesota Point at South Tenth Street. A previous clubhouse existed where Bayfront Park is today, but the facility shown in the photo above was built in 1903 and was destroyed by fire in 1951.
The Duluth Boat Club dissolved as an organization in 1926, but was reborn in 1955 as the Duluth Rowing Club, which has facilities at 3911 Minnesota Ave.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here