Duluth Urbex was recently granted a tour of the Duluth Armory. Built at 1305 London Road in 1915, the armory served as a military training facility and also hosted concerts and events until 1978.
The city of Duluth purchased the building and used it to store fleet vehicles throughout the 1980s and ’90s. In 2004 the nonprofit Duluth Armory Arts & Music Center acquired the building and has since completed projects to stabilize the building while continuing to seek funding to restore it as a mixed-use commercial project for arts and education purposes.
Bonus footage below, the Duluth Preservation Alliance‘s virtual tour of the armory.
And because we just happened upon it, below are ads for dances at the armory from the Nov. 22, 1921 issue of the Duluth Herald.
“Rounds of pleasure” and “live turkey prizes” are what the season is all about, right?
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here