The business card above touts the goods for sale at Louis Oreck’s Curios store in Downtown Duluth circa the 1910s: souvenirs, American Indian crafts and mineral specimens.
Oreck also was assigner of one-half of a patent filed in 1920 for a canning device combining “a jar-receiving member formed of absorbent material; and a fruit-jar holder operatively associated therewith.”
Duluth’s Manhattan Building, where Oreck’s store was located, was discussed in some detail, with several photos, in the Perfect Duluth Day post “Mystery Photo #76: 400 block of West Superior Street.”
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here