This week the field house at Merritt Park joined the growing list of historic West Duluth buildings demolished in recent years. The 2,016-square foot building was constructed in 1939.
The list of West Duluth structures biting the dust since 2012 includes Irving Recreation Center, West Duluth Fire and Police Station, Memorial Community Center, Lutheran Church of Christ the King, Westminster Presbyterian Church and Laura MacArthur Elementary School.
Below are photos of the Merritt building from Oct. 23, a week prior to demolition.
The final photo is the land formerly occupied by the hockey rink, with the parking lot in the foreground. The boards of the rink were taken down in September.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here