This photo from Detroit Publishing Company shows the view looking west from the end of the south pier of Duluth’s shipping canal before there was an Aerial Bridge. William Henry Jackson is credited as the photographer.
The Library of Congress dates the image as “between 1890 and 1910,” but research by Mark Ryan for the story “W. H. Jackson’s Photographs of Duluth” for Zenith City Press puts the time of Jackson’s visit to Duluth as the summer of 1899.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here