The postcard image above shows Bethany Lutheran Church at 2302-2308 W. Third St. in Duluth’s friendly West End. The image appears to be circa the 1970s, maybe ’60s.
The church’s original congregation, comprised of 80 immigrants from Sweden, formed in 1889 and worshiped in a grocery store. The church building was constructed in 1903; the neighboring Windsor House was built at 2310 W. Third St. in 1950.
Below is an old-timely photo of Bethany Lutheran by Hugh McKenzie.
Bethany merged with Holy Trinity and Zion Lutheran churches in 2016. The three congregations meet at the former Zion church, now known as Spirit of God Lutheran Church.
The former Bethany church building has been on the market since early summer 2017, priced at $375,000. Photos from real estate websites are shown below.
Finally, here is the backside of the postcard featured at the top of this post.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here