The identities of the four gentlemen in this photo are not known, but the postcard is marked as having been shot at the Ely Studio. Photographer Cook Ely operated in Duluth from roughly 1895 to 1914, with a stint in St. Paul somewhere in the middle. Ely Studio was located at 2030 W. Superior St. — the corner where the Anderson Furniture building stands today.
This photo sold recently on eBay, where it was titled “RPPC Handsome Men w Hats Ely Studio of Duluth Studio Real Photo Postcard.”
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here