The postcards shown here were sold at the Douglas County Historical Museum circa 1949. Above is the pioneer kitchen display at the museum.
Below is the A. A. Roth Memorial, 1827 John Ave., which served as the Douglas County Historical Society‘s museum space from 1939 to 1963. Fairlawn Mansion and the Post Office Building on Tower Avenue were the next two museum locations, until the present-day space in the Vasa Temple opened in 2002.
The postcard of the Roth house is a bit worse for wear, but the Wisconsin Historical Society has the photo used to create the card, shown below.
Alois Roth was a partner with his brother Theodore in Roth Brothers Department Store in Superior.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here