Miller’s Cafeteria in Duluth’s Medical Arts Building, 320 W. Superior St., has a convoluted origin story that was explored in the comments to a Perfect Duluth Day Mystery Photo in 2014 and in the Duluth News Tribune “Relics” column “An old place mat holds memories of downtown cafe,” in 2019. From those works we learned the cafe became the Captain’s Table in 1959 and closed in 1972.
After that, the Medical Arts Building space was occupied by Wing’s Restaurant, the Bread Board Eatery, Coco’s-to-Geaux, Duluth Athletic Club Deli and How Sweet it is Cakes.
Great Harvest Bread Company has been there since 2018, listing its address as 324 W. Superior St. That Great Harvest location, by the way, is temporarily closed due to the pandemic, but the Plaza Shopping Center location remains open.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here