Clark House Hotel, West Superior Street circa 1870
This uncredited photo, presumably shot by Paul B. Gaylord, shows the 100 block of West Superior Street in Downtown Duluth looking northeast. The Clark House Hotel, in the foreground at left, was Duluth’s second hotel, opening in July 1870.
The photo is from an old stereograph, as shown below.
The cropping above allows for a little better reading of the signs on the buildings across from Clark House, but it gets fuzzy.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here
Helmut Flaagabout 2 years ago