Duluth’s Vista Fleet excursion business got its start in 1959 under the name Flamingo Excursions. The 144-passenger S.S. Flamingo replaced the businesses’ original boat, the Streamliner, in 1961.
The undated postcard shown above, from Gallagher’s Studio of Photography, includes this description on the back:
Excursion Sight Seeing Yacht
Touring the Superior-Duluth Harbor, Gateway to the Seaway of the World. See Foreign Ships, Ore Carriers, Ore Docks and Grain Elevators.
The Flamingo was replaced in 1978 with the Vista King and sold to Star Line Ferry at Mackinac Island, Mich.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here