This postcard was mailed Jan. 15, 1910. The image is referred to on the back of the card as depicting “Duluth about 18 years ago,” which would be 1892, the year the Beacon Hill Pavilion opened at the top of the Duluth Incline.
The note on the front of the card indicates the pavilion has been marked with an X and “it burned down about 18 years ago.” But in reality the pavilion burned down on May 21, 1901, which would have been about nine years prior to the postcard hitting a mailbox.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here