This Christmas card from Duluth jeweler Andrew Jackson promotes a special holiday sale 130 years ago, featuring “greatly reduced prices.”
Whatever building Jackson was in was replaced in 1900 with the four-story building that stands there today bearing the address 117 W. Superior St. It was built to house the Huntington and Tallant store, which quickly transformed into Hendren and Tallant Company, then Gray and Tallant Company, then George A. Gray Company.
From 1936 to 1987 the building was the location of Wahl’s department store. Maurices occupied the space from 1989 until 2016. The building was sold in April to 117 Investments, LLC of Minnetonka.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here