Ten years ago today, Bayside Market at 1901 Minnesota Ave. closed after 37 years in business. Originally named Clem’s Market, it was the only grocery store in the Park Point neighborhood.
Owners Dick and Mel Gajewski retired and moved to Florida. The Duluth News Tribune reported in 2016 that contaminated soil from a leaking underground gas tank hampered efforts to sell the market. The building was razed in 2016 to facilitate environmental remediation work at the site.
Other landmark Duluth businesses that closed in 2008 include European Bakery and Daugherty’s Hardware.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here