The Underground theater is planning an event featuring short plays and monologues written by women playwrights celebrating women and what they have to say. The What She Said! Short Play Festival will be staged May 24-26. In the meantime, scripts for short plays and monologues written by women and people identifying as women, are being sought.
There are no conditions set on structure, content or genre. The festival will include multiple plays, so technical elements should be kept simple.
Details from the Underground below.
Plays will be selected based on …
• Relevance to the spirit of the festival – Celebrating women and what they have to say
• Female and female identifying playwrights only!
• Adherence to ‘The Details’
• Excellence of work
• There is no fee to submit
• A playwright can submit multiple plays, but must be submitted separately (in separate emails)
• Each submission must be no more than 20 pages (excluding title page) at a font no smaller than 11pt
• Plays submitted must be unpublished
• We will only accept non-musical scripts
• Scripts can only be submitted electronically – whatshesaidfest @ gmail.com
• Submissions must be in PDF format
• Title page must contain playwright contact information
• You will receive a notification that submissions have been received – no other contact will be made unless the script is selected for production
• Submission Deadline: February 1, 2018 by 11:59pm. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• Will receive 3 staged performances May 24-26, 2018
• Will be awarded a $50 prize
• 2 tickets to any performance
Submissions and Correspondence
• All submissions and correspondence should be by email: [email protected]
• Please allow for up to two weeks for correspondence to any questions
• When submitting make sure to double check you’ve attached your play
• If you do not receive an automatically generated response from our email please double check the email and send it again
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here