It’s been a year and a half since Perfect Duluth Day last ran a “best new restaurant” poll. The reigning champion, the Spirit Room, is on its way to becoming a seasoned area eatery, as is the runner up, Tavern on the Hill. What’s new in Duluth-area food since then? Reopenings, additional locations and restaurant moves seem to be a trend.
Before we vote, we have to establish a list of nominees. To qualify, an establishment must: have recently opened, serve food and be located within 10 miles of Duluth (including Superior, Hermantown, Proctor or other area townships). Two Harbors and Cloquet, for example, are too far afield to be contenders in this poll.
Here’s a rundown of the recently opened restaurants we compiled. Is there one we missed? We trust you’ll let us know in the comments before we launch our poll next week.
- Beijing Restaurant (April 2016)
- Charley’s Grilled Subs inside Central Avenue Minit Mart (April 2016)
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit (Oct. 2014)
- Grand World Coffee (Jan. 2016)
- Izzy’s BBQ Lounge & Grill (Aug. 2014)
- Jimmy John’s at Miller Hill Mall (Dec. 2015)
- KBQ Ribs food truck (Aug. 2015)
- The King of Creams (March 2015)
- Lake Superior Bakehouse (June 2015)
- Lark o’ the Lake (Nov. 2015)
- Northern Waters Restaurant (Feb. 2016)
- El Oasis del Norte Mexican food truck (July 2015)
- Sala Thai (April 2015)
- Toasty’s Grilled Cheese Shop – Downtown (Dec. 2015)
- Vintage Kitchen (Feb. 2015)
- VN Coffee House (June 2015)
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here