Happy Homegrown, everyone! Homegrown banners are now rotating at the top of the page. (You can still add new ones to the mix. Click here for details.)
There have been four changes to the schedule since the Homegrown Music Festival Field Guide hit the streets.
* Pennies for a Dime canceled its Sunday night gig. Apparently, at the last moment, Diet-Folk filled in.
* Due to illness, Fancy Hands canceled its Tuesday night gig.
* Russian Bride is unable to play Thursday night.
* The schedule in the Field Guide lists Hard Feelings playing at both 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. — 10 p.m. is correct.
* Wormsley Common Gang has canceled its gig on Friday night at Beaner’s.
* Ghosts of Swinetown have replaced Bear Garden on Friday night.
* Nobuddie had mouth surgery and has canceled his Saturday night gig at Twins Bar.
Here is a Field Guide Band Bio Addendum:
Ghosts of Swinetown
8PM FRI 5/6 | BEANER’S CENTRAL
Branded “the finest screwgrass outfit in the northwoods,” Ghosts of Swinetown blends acoustic driven songs, tight harmonies and catchy rhythms. Mandolin/guitar player Bob Weigandt attended the University of Minnesota Duluth from 2005 to 2007, and “totally changed his direction in music” after hearing Trampled by Turtles. His band formed in Rhinelander in 2009 and has been performing throughout the Midwest, often in Duluth, ever since. The lineup includes regulars Phyl Wickham on banjo, guitar, harmonica, stompbox, hammer and pipe, etc.; Mike Hill on guitar; Bob Weigandt on mandolin and guitar and Scott Kirby on bass. Ellen Thomes occasionally joins them on fiddle.
Here’s Manheat performing in the Current studio.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here