Am I the only one…

icechunk

…who spends most of the winter fighting the urge to sneak through parking lots, compulsively kicking ice chunks off of other people’s cars?

Beverly

My ice chunk oddity is that I won't kick it off in someone's parking lot. I don't want to leave behind a mess. And yes, I was a Girl Scout as a child.

kerc

I once had a car that when I kicked the chunk off, part of the car came along with it. Hence: I would use caution with someone else's car. Granted most people don't drive the same "quality" car that one drives when one is 16.....

brian

Last year I kicked a huge chunk off my car, and it took some sort of wire and plug with it. Apparently it went to one of the little lights on the side of the car, cuz one of the little lights on the side of my car doesn't work anymore.

Claude Kicker

I am Claude Kicker! I am a superhero of de northland! I shall kick all the clods from all de cars. It is so satisfying to hear them drop..to see them separate cleanly and de wheel wells be so free of de buildup

scoe

A Great Winter Sport The best part of winter, the best part by far, Is kicking those ice chunks that form on your car. No matter our ages or races or genders We all enjoy booting that slush off our fenders. It's deeply fulfilling, that contact and sound of boot hitting chunk and then chunk hitting ground. It makes you feel better, it makes your day brighter, It makes your Camry about 20 pounds lighter! And boy, what a workout! We all could be hunks By starting each morning with kicking some chunks! So next time you spot one, no matter how awesome, Don't wait and think maybe you might let it thaw some; Go after it, mister! Attack it with zeal, And manfully give it the back of your heel! It may take you weeks, but of course that's good too: The winter goes fastrer with something to do! by Peter Moore

mevdev

I love kicking those snow-sicles! I also love breaking the little pockets of ice on sidewalks.

sbuchanan

why resist....? Just give in; you'll be happy you did. I mean, who exactly lays on their death bed at 90 regretting having kicked off icicles? No one...that's who.

Sara

It is officially one of the "awesome" things in life: http://1000awesomethings.com/2009/11/05/641-kicking-those-clumps-of-frozen-slush-off-the-back-of-your-cars-mud-flaps/

adam

For full enjoyment, you should let your ice dreads get as long as possible before kicking them off of your car. Ideally, the tire should be rubbing against it when you turn corners. On other people's cars: why stop the kicking at the ice dreads?

Beetle

While I like "ice dreads" and "clods," I believe those "clumps-of-frozen-slush-on-the-back-of-your-cars-mud-flaps" are properly known as "dingleberries."

-Berv

Or "snow boogers"

wormbreeder

My Wisconsin friend calls them "fender muffins".

I've always referred to them as "road boogers."