The Duluth Economic Development Authority has issued a request for proposals for the future development of waterfront real estate on the Lake Superior harbor, referred to as “Lot D.” The site is 12 acres of flat land, zoned as mixed-use waterfront, and is sandwiched between Compass Minerals packaging facility and the Pier B Resort development. The appraised value of the property is $2.1 million.
Much of the site is gravel and hard-packed soil, with segments of brush and grasses following the perimeter of the lot. Past uses include industrial warehousing and distribution. Remnants of this history is an existing one-acre concrete foundation.
The features of the propetry, as touted in a news release:
- Approximately 1,550 total feet of waterfront, including frontage on the adjacent slip and on the Lake Superior harbor
- Premium views of the iconic Aerial Lift Bridge and Duluth’s Park Point neighborhood
- Access to the robust maritime activity of the world’s furthest-inland freshwater-port
- Approximately 675 feet of road frontage on Railroad Street
- Status as one of the last remaining, undeveloped properties on the harbor
DEDA is accepting proposals until April 29 and is seeking draft concepts that maximize the value of the site’s waterfront location and show creative and thoughtful reuse opportunities.
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here