Sea creature proclaims smelt cometh

I saw a commercial being made for the upcoming Smelt Festival while walking in Canal Park today.  The sea creature character was booming out a pretty funny pronouncement from the Smelt Queen promising puppetry, puppet making and smelt-y fun in exchange for funding.

I couldn’t find any info online, but I did find a piece about last year’s event.

It’s stuff like this that makes me love this town.

De man

Side tid-bit, smelt are an exotic species in Lake Superior.

Are you sure it was a commercial? A situation comedy is in development starring Neptune and yours truly.

Lucie1970

Oh, I am not sure at all. It could have been any number of things, but the script did seem to have "a call to action," so that's why I guessed it was some sort of PSA.

What do you know about it, Paul?

I'm joking. I don't know anything about this. But ol' Neptune appears in the TV spot for the PDD Calendar.

Fitz

I would totally give to a "My Buddy Neptune" Kickstarter.

brian

Look for something in a week or so. It'll show up here on PDD.

emmadogs

Okay, if that doesn't get my brother up here, nothing will.  This just makes me so incredibly happy that I live here.  And saw this.

DaVe

Last year's Smelt Festival was so much fun it's bound to become a yearly tradition.

emmadogs

I just re watched Paul's new sitcom again.  I think it's the funniest thing I've seen on PDD.  I thought so last night, too, but now I'm sober and it's still cracking me up.

baci

Here we go again, more media portraying of our cute Duluth as an epicenter of prurient man/god togetherness and cohabitation. I'm all flummergated and flusterated! Paul, does this make you sub-mariner? Or is that Rich Narum as Prince Narmur?