The Duluth Art Institute has a job opening. We are currently looking for an administrative, marketing and graphic design-savvy operations development manager. If you think you’d be a great addition to the DAI team, submit your applications materials today.
To apply: email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Kat Eldred, Executive Director, Duluth Art Institute, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth, MN 55802 — getart @ duluthartinstitute.org. If you do not send in all of your application materials, you will not be considered for the position.
Please no phone calls.
Position will be open until filled.
Description: Operations-Development Manager – FULL TIME
The position of Operations-Development Manager requires a combination of administrative and people-oriented skills. Clear writing and technical knowledge of computers and social media is required.
The responsibilities include: clerical and database management and assisting in fundraising, special events, and marketing. The position requires ability to assist the Executive Director with donor cultivation, soliciting current and potential donors for ongoing annual support. This position will assist board committees and other staff in executing special events. The marketing portion of this position is responsible for creating in-house design and coordination through the printing process for printed materials and web-based promotions.
Work with Executive Director, other DAI staff, board of directors and fundraising committees to raise funds for general operations and special initiatives through:
– campaigns for memberships and contributions/general management of memberships
– special events
– proposals for sponsorship support
– administration of special projects as needed
Work with executive director, other DAI staff, board of directors and fundraising committees to raise funds for general operations and special initiatives through:
– graphic design of all printed materials
– updating website, community calendars, and social media
– prepare and distribute weekly e-blasts
– press release disbursement
– organize, layout, & design newsmagazine
Operations and office Management/Clerical Support
Provide clerical services requested by the Executive Director, Curator and Education Director, including but not limited to:
– database management
– maintain files kept in the central office including participation numbers and archives
– answer telephone and relay messages
– maintain office procedures
– coordinate office and special event volunteers
– process credit card purchases
– do all preparation for bookkeeping
including: preparing and organizing invoices, statements, check requests, filing.
– Register students for classes
– managing sales of art
– Interest in the arts and ability to work well with people
– Experience with Microsoft Office programs: Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word 2007
– Experience with database programs such as FileMaker Pro
– Skilled in use of Adobe Creative Suite
– Highly detail-oriented and organized with ability to handle multiple projects, assess workload and schedule time appropriately
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here