Help: A few questions about 45rpm records and if anyone up here makes them?

I just purchased a Seeburg Discotheque Jukebox from 1965 and am looking for two things.

The first thing I am looking for is if someone produces records up here and would be able to convert a 45rpm/7inch record that has a small hole in the center into the larger hole that a 45rpm 7inch record usually has. It already has a groove imprinted in the vinyl, but if someone has a special drill or equipment to make the larger hole I would appreciate it. The problem I am having is that the jukebox reads the small hole that is usually in an LP and plays the 45rpm at 33 1/3 speed. There is an ancient computer that uses a magnet to adjust the speed so that it could play little 33 1/3 records back in the day.

My second question is if anyone out there knows where I could find some more local 45s. I found one at the Fetus, but I have heard there are many more out there. If you would be willing to part with one or sell one for a decent price please let me know.

If you know what 45s have been released locally that would help me know what to search for as well. I bought an LBB used one, but I heard Low and other bands have done them in the past.

1965Seeburg Discotheque Jukebox

Patrick Nelson posts a lot of old local 45s on his YouTube page.

nicolai

I'm a vinyl nerd but have no clue where you could convert a small hole 7" to a big hole 7".  I would say your best bet would be to buy a hole saw and do it yourself.  But that might be kinda risky if you drill it a hair off center.   I would maybe buy a few records you don't care to test on.  Also, there is that record store in Superior called the Vinyl Cave.  Never been there but I bet they would have some local 45s.

adam

Vinyl Cave is next to Globe News.

EsotericArchives

Hi y'all. I'm always happy to talk about and share local vinyl. Also: I have this same poster for sale which I would be glad to sell locally rather than put it on eBay:

[img]http://www.perfectduluthday.com/wp-content/uploads/comments/Moby-Grape-Poster.jpg[/img]

Poster promoting a concert headlined by Moby Grape and Big Brother & The Holding Co. from November 4, 1967, at the Ark in Sausalito, California.

Here is my YouTube channel, where there are several local records to hear. Some I have doubles of:

Esoteric Archives on YouTube

It would be great to meet you Andrew. Let me know if you would like to take a look at my poster. Hope this post works, it is my first PDD comment ever.

EsotericArchives

This is great. I don't know how to post music yet from scratch. Now I can simply reply here with some of my collection; Here we go, testing 1, 2, 3:

EsotericArchives

Hope you like some of these titles and find lots of local vinyl. Enjoy and share!!!

emmadogs

You have 45s of Children of the Sun and Eleanor Rigby?!?!?!  Wow.  You are officially the coolest person ever.

Here's a related PDD post from 2008 involving "Children of the Sun" by Thrust: From the Audio Archive | 1980

Andrew Olson

Thanks for the tips. I researched a bit more and learned that there is a tool that makes the hole larger. In England they traditionally made the hole small and the process of enlarging it is called, "Dinking." I found a guy in NH that said he would do it for 50 cents a record.

I do need to look around for some local 45s. I found The Trashmen (Surfin' Bird) on Ebay for cheap, but I also heard many local modern bands have released some 45s over the years.

Your concert poster is very tempting as I am addicted to that art, but I have no more wall space. Even my art books are full and I have tubes in my closet full of even more. The Ark was a cool venue in Sausalito and has some great posters. I've seen that one sell for about 20% of what it sold for in the online auction in your link.

If anyone is looking for old concert posters I have some I could part with from the Fillmore, Avalon, and other California venues (mostly 1966-1971). If you are local I will sell it for what I paid plus 10%. Since I usually don't pay much you could get a steal.

EsotericArchives