Places to refill Co2 tanks in Duluth

I just moved to Duluth and I’m a homebrewer. I was wondering if there is any local places to refill Co2 tanks for kegerators?  I have my own tank.

Tom

Praxair
4105 West Superior Street

Baci

I use Fire and Industrial Sales. Smaller than Praxir, good turn around time.

Joel

Welcome! I also use praxair, and also check out the Northern Ale Stars, our local home-brew club.

Also, the fine folks at Superior Brewing, who by the way make and sell some very good beer, will also sell you malt by the 50lb. bag at very good prices!

edgeways

So what do you do to get an invite Joel?

Joel

Shoot me an email at joeladams99 @ gmail.com and I'll forward your invite.

Forrest Vodden

Fishermans's Corner in Hermantown does it as well. I used to get my tanks for paintball filled there.

Jerome

Any gas supplier (welding, medical) can do this for you. Other options include Williams and Airgas.

HappyHippo

Sorry 'bout the threakjacking, but does the Northern Ale Stars also have anything to do with cider brewing?  Or is it a beer-only club?

Joel

I'm a very new member, but the club welcomes all things ferment-able. I also do cider, wine, and aplefwine, mead, etc. ... in addition to beer. You know you're a home brewer when you walk through the supermarket, look at something and ask yourself: "I wonder if I can ferment that."

nicolai

Thanks everyone for the help!!  Thanks Joel for the tip about Superior Brewing.  Unfortunately I'm still just an extract brewer.  So, no need for 50 lbs of grain yet.

digit3

Ale Stars are appreciators of all things fermented. IMHO they are more of a club that likes to get together to drink beer rather than brew it but still a fun bunch nonetheless.

+1 for Fire and Industrial Sales for your CO2 needs.

Baci

Co-Op brew lab/Hackerspace/MotoShop is on my Christmas wish list for Duluth.

Metalist

I agree that Jim Boynton at F&I Sales is the best place for we hobbyists to get our CO2.

Baci

I like F&I b/c they return my tank afterwards. I like it b/c it's mine and got my cool stickers all on it.

nicolai

Baci what is the turnaround time for F&I?  I'm pretty sure that's where I'll be going when I run out.

papajuan

I called Fisherman's Corner and they only do paintball tanks, no large (5lb) tanks.