Duluth Does the Bumpers? Thrift Store Adventures

Last week I saw this album at a thrift store in Hinckley for 50 cents and I didn’t want to have to explain to Mrs. Goose why I bought it so I ended up walking away, despite the bargain. But given Duluth’s various brushes with rubber ball fame (or infamy) I figured maybe someone else might want to stop by and grab it.

I would also like to put this one in the hat for the next Duluth Does album. I would just love to hear Sarah Softich, the Boomchucks and even that Danecdote kid take a swing at some of these tracks. Here’s the title cut:

The Bumpers – Bump Ball Dance

NateL

If they're open Sunday, I'll be heading to Pine City...

mildred

Okay, so you didn't have to explain the purchase to Mrs. Goose. Please do explain why clicking the photo takes me to a search for "the bump ball record pickwick."

wildgoose

I just thoguht people might want to learn a bit more about the record.  The album was put out by "Pickwick" records.  I'm not sure exactly what the imprint specialized in but I beleive there were quite a few in my grandparents' collection, mainly Christmas records with a few Ray Conniff singers LPs sprinkled in for panache.

mildred

I was hoping for a bigger photo! It's tantalizing.

mildred

See, forcing me to get involved and research and all that...

jimmy

By bumpers, you mean cocaine right? Like in the back of one of these seedy bars patronized by  aging duluth hipsterati and forlorn professionals?