- This event has passed.
Short Shorts Film Festival 2017
The 12th annual Short Shorts Film Festival showcases videos that are less than five minutes in duration, with cash prizes awarded to the top three productions. It’s northern Minnesota’s only short film festival.
This festival is open to local, national and international submissions from professional and amateur artists working in all genres. A panel of judges selects the top 15 finalists and a live audience picks the top three winners at the event. The night’s top three winners are awarded cash prizes: First place: $300, second place $200, third place $100.
Submissions are due Monday, March 6, by 11:59 p.m.
- Film must be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
- Film must not contain any nudity or any content that would give film an R-rating.
- Film must have original or royalty-free music used with permission.
- Film content must be original (no adaptations).
- Submissions must be made in MP4 format via filmfreeway.com.
For more information and submission application, visit duluthplayhouse.org/tickets.
Submission fee is $15; those submitting films receive one complimentary ticket to the festival.