- This event has passed.
Public Meeting Regarding Raleigh Street Reconstruction Project
The city of Duluth is holding its third and final public meeting regarding the reconstruction of Raleigh Street in West Duluth. The meeting is to present the chosen project design to the public, refine any areas of concern and collect additional feedback.
The reconstruction of the street will occur between Grand Avenue and 59th Avenue West. The project is scheduled for 2023. Funding will come from municipal state aid for streets and water utility funds.
The scope of work for the project includes:
- Full reconstruction of the street, sidewalks and utilities from Grand Avenue to 59th Avenue West
- Replacement and installation of a new water main
- Replacement and installation of new storm water infrastructure
- Americans with Disabilities Act compliance improvements
- Multimodal improvements for cyclists and other light-weight human and electric powered devices
The public meeting will begin with an overview of the project by city staff, followed by a question and answer session.
For more information visit duluthmn.gov and click on “Raleigh Street Reconstruction Project.”
Those who cannot attend the meeting, but would like to follow the project and/or have questions can reach out to the city’s project engineer Alex Popp at apopp @ duluthmn.gov.