- This event has passed.
Lake Superior Railroad Museum Reopens
Closed since the middle of March, the Lake Superior Railroad Museum is reopening July 1, along with the St. Louis County Depot. In addition, Wednesday will be the start of the season on the North Shore Scenic Railroad.
Cleaning and sanitizing protocols have been put in place using standards from the Centers for Disease Control, the state of Minnesota and St. Louis County Health Department. Deep cleaning will be done on a daily basis before the museum opens or the first train departs the station. During hours of operation, and even as the train is moving, cleaning will continue and the train cars will be thoroughly cleaned again between runs.
Crew and guests must wear masks and protocols are in place for visiting the museum and riding the trains. Some of the new safety features in the museum include:
- One way directional tours – follow the arrows and signs
- All exhibit push buttons have been replaced by motion sensitive touchless switches
- Access to some exhibits has been restricted
- Hand sanitizer stations can be found throughout the building
- The Depot and train museum are free with a suggested donation
On the North Shore Scenic Railroad:
- Concierge boarding eliminates lines; vestibules on each car will be open
- Hand sanitizer stations will be found throughout the train
- Open window and open air cars available
- On the Music & Pizza Train individual, personal pizzas will be delivered to each guest
Ticket information and reservations can be made at duluthtrains.com or by calling the North Shore Scenic Railroad at 800-423-1273 or locally at 722-1273.