- This event has passed.
I-35 Northbound Lane Closure Near Carlton
Motorists can expect a closure on northbound I-35 in the left lane from Highway 210 to approximately one mile north of Highway 210. The lane will be closed from June 29 until noon on July 2. Both lanes will be open for July 4 holiday travel. This closure is a part of the Carlton Weigh Station construction project.
Important reminders for motorists regarding work-zone safety:
· Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
· Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
· Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
· Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
· Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
· Be patient. Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit 511mn.org.