- This event has passed.
DXC Snow Ball Gala 2019
Duluth Cross-country Ski Club‘s fourth annual Snow Ball Gala celebrates winter and raises funds to support ski programs in Duluth. This year’s gala supports DXC’s capital campaign to complete the new Grand Avenue Nordic Center ski trails at the bottom of Spirit Mountain.
The event features a dinner with cocktails, wine and beer. The dinner choices are filet mignon with lake cake, or stuffed eggplant.
Keynote speaker is Anne Rykken, founder of the Minnesota Youth Ski League.
Tickets are $80 in advance and $100 at the door.
Auction items include group dinners with wine pairing at local restaurants, skis and other items from Continental Ski & Bike and Ski Hut, a private flight in a Cirrus SR22 for three people, an endurance event training plan from coach Chad Salmela, and more.
The full slate of awards to be presented at the Snow Ball are:
· The George Hovland Award: Awarded at interval to an individual for lifetime commitment and service to cross country skiing in the Duluth area. 2019 winner: Gary Larson
· DXC Volunteer of the Year: Awarded to an outstanding volunteer impacting cross-country skiing in this community. 2019 winner: Siiri Morse
· The Charlie Banks Award: Awarded to an outstanding youth, junior, high school or college ski coach. Named in honor of legendary former Duluth Central ski coach Charlie Banks. 2019 winner: Bonnie Fuller-Kask
· The Patrice Jankowski Award: Awarded to the outstanding area female high school or junior cross country skier in the last calendar year. Named in honor of three-time Minnesota state high school champion and 1992 Olympic biathlete, Patrice Jankowski of Cloquet. 2019 winner: Gretchen Haggenmiller (Duluth East)
· The Mark Herman Award: Awarded to the outstanding area male high school or junior cross country skier in the last calendar year. Named in honor of Minnesota state high school champion and 1982 U.S. Junior World Championship team member Mark Herman of Duluth East. 2019 winner: Declan Hutchinson (Marshall)