NACPODAnnouncing the formation of the Nonaffiliated And Casual Photographers Of Duluth, NACPOD.
The idea is to provide a non-intimidating place to show and have your work lovingly critiqued by others and to offer your opinions on what makes a good photo. The group is open to all, with the exception of professional photographers. Digital, print, SLR or snap shot, young old, student or non.
The only requirements,
1. You are able to offer, and receive criticism in a non-aggressive manner.
2. You actively engage in photography at some level, and will have work to share.
3. You do not make a living from photography.
1. A chance to improve your photography, receive feedback on what you are doing well and what you may need to improve upon.
2. A social, supported, environment, a chance to meet people under a shared contact (readymade things to talk about)
3. A chance to learn more about Duluth, where are those secret spots others like to go for those great shots.
4. Field trips?
5. Group shows?
I have access to some web space, and some amount of web design skill, we can use to display our collective work
There are many parameters to be sorted out, but those are the basics.
1st meeting (once a month) Saturday February 19th. 1pm. Brewhouse (in Fitgers). I will buy the first 2 pitchers at the inaugural event!!!
I need at least 2 other people to make this happen. Questions, or if you would like to sign up please contact me.
Edgewood (at) gmail (dot) com
Meeting place could change if demand is higher then expected.