Another Wonderful Mitchell Letter

Dennis P. Mitchell’s letter in this morning’s Duluth News Tribune is a gem.  Dennis and his wife Rosemarie gained notoriety with their London Olympics letter a few years ago. Today, they reveal the sordid happenings in the Sally Forth comic strip.

‘Sally Forth’ sets poor example for youths

emmadogs

about 4 weeks ago

I must forward this Letter to the Editor to Jerry Longabaugh, the then 13 year old boy that I kissed at our church conference when I was 12 years old. It was my first kiss. What did I know? How could I have known what this could have led to?!?!?! The horror!!!

Rae

about 4 weeks ago

Emmadogs, I sure hope he wasn't a head taller than you ... that's obviously the breaking point of when a relationship turns from innocent to salacious.

Dorkus

about 4 weeks ago

I wonder what their response was to Charlie Brown kissing the little red-haired girl back in 1977.

Ramos

about 4 weeks ago

Jon and Hilary getting STDs could only improve "Sally Forth."

hbh1

about 4 weeks ago

This one has finally led me to a nearly irresistible urge to go back and collect them all in a lovely scrapbook. Please tell me someone at the DNT has had the same urge. Please tell me they're all hand-written on yellow legal paper and kept in an old file. I know the Mitchells have been writing since I moved here 20 years ago, and I imagine they go back even further than that.

Nick L

about 4 weeks ago

I've wondered the same thing, HBH. Is there a master file of Mitchell letters lovingly curated by the DNT Attic or Editorial Page Editor Chuck Frederick? Take the twelve best and run a Moral Decay Commemorative Calendar.

about 4 weeks ago

I used to have a folder of all the faxes received at the Budgeteer office from "Diesel" Davy Jones circa 1996-'97. It's probably in my attic, but I also have a vague memory of maybe gifting or lending it to someone.

hbh1

about 4 weeks ago

OMFG I was just wondering the other day what happened to Duluth's Own Davy Jones!

schmood1971

about 4 weeks ago

I found the letter to be funnier than the comic strip. I also wondered how the Mitchell's feel about Hillary's exploits in a metal band that plays songs about werewolves. Obviously satan is at work there. And then there is that Faye girl with her short hair and anti-social tendencies. Gasp! The whole comic is just pure smut I tell you, pure smut! Bring on the STD/teen pregnancy/crack whore story line!

emmadogs

about 4 weeks ago

So are these people really for real? I mean, surely their letters are pranks and they are getting a lot of laughs out of it. They should be, at least--if these are jokes, they are most excellent.

Claire

about 4 weeks ago

I'm just glad that Dennis and Rosemarie found each other. It just goes to show, there's someone out there for everybody.

T. Heinonen

about 3 weeks ago

Anyone think it's a bit coincidence that one of the longest running comic characters "Dennis the Menace" (aka: DENNIS MITCHELL) is writing letters to the editor? Perhaps since the Menace reached retirement age years ago he has nothing else to do with his time. I wonder who Barnsdorf's true cartoon alter ego is? hmmmmmm...

jessige

about 3 weeks ago

But you guys, this one's only from Dennis. Does this mean that there's dissension in the Mitchell household? Or is Rosemarie on a vacation, or God forbid ill? What is going on?!

Nick L

about 3 weeks ago

Did anyone read Sunday's Duluth News Tribune? Hillary kissed Jon. They hugged. Hands were held. The strip ended with them alone in a forest.