Duluth Barber Shops

We just moved to Duluth, and are working on establishing all of our essentials. Is there a good, classic barber shop anyone would suggest? I have had the same guy cutting my hair for 10 years. Just looking for an old-school barber who can cut my hair and my 7-year-old son’s as well.

about 1 year ago

The barbershop in Lakeside is where it's at - 4513 E Superior Street. Pete and Jim do a great job and finish things up with a straight razor. The clientele is also friendly and sometimes a good conversation pops up.

about 1 year ago

The Lakeside Barber Shop is the best. Jim and Pete are very nice and welcoming. It's not your "Cost Cutters" or "Great Clips" type of environment.

about 1 year ago

There's a barbershop in the Labor Temple; Keith is great.

about 1 year ago

University Barbers in Kenwood is pretty sweet and cut a lot of kids hair, too. 7 E Buffalo St, (behind Subway towards CSS) 728-4633

about 1 year ago

Both Lakeside and University are very good. Old school barbers and great with kids. Used to go to Lakeside but they aren't open on Saturdays.

Scott M.

about 1 year ago

On the same topic, where is a good place to go and get a good shave? Straight razor or not.

about 1 year ago

Scott, here's a video of Starfire and me getting shaves at Piedmont Barbers in September of 2004. (Nearly 10 years ago?! Wow.) My memory of the experience is that it's really all about the process -- the hot towels, etc. You won't necessarily get a closer shave than you can do at home, but you'll leave very relaxed with a very fresh-looking face.

JP Rennquist

about 1 year ago

I go to Floyd's Hair Choppers on 4th St, not far from Uncle Louis and a trip to the barber is often combined with lunch or breakfast. Floyd does a good job with my 5yr old son who probably had his first cut around age 3. I have never gotten a shave from Floyd, but he does my eyebrows sometimes. I have never had a cut that wasn't perfect and I don't need to do a lot of explaining. Good conversation, not a lot of bells and whistles. It's a barber shop. I love it.

about 1 year ago

+1 for University. The atmosphere doesn't look quite as classic as it did when it was on 8th Street, but still the same great service.

about 1 year ago

Dan's Skyline Barbershop on 801 E 9th St, Duluth, MN 55805. Fairly old school.

Michael Albrecht

about 1 year ago

Thanks, everyone. We went to University and were quite pleased with the experience and the cuts.

about 1 year ago

The barber shop in Lakeside is excellent. You can expect a great haircut from either Pete or Jim.