PrÃ¸ve Gallery is seeking artwork for its “Fragility” exhibition, opening Jan. 11. The show is focusing on the beauty, uncertainty and fragility of winter.
The news release notes: “From the snow on the ground, ice in the trees, the dry cold wind, to the mental strain that can only come from the reduced daylight; January is a time that highlights fragility in the Northland.”
– Any form and style of art is acceptable.
– Work cannot exceed 10′ x 8′ x 8′ (h x l x d).
– All hung work must not exceed 50lbs., and must be ready to hang.
– All freestanding works must support their weight and may not be attached to the floor.
All submitted materials must be written in English. PrÃ¸ve Gallery will provide
publicity, exhibition invitations, mailings and an opening reception. It will not provide insurance for any works exhibited. PrÃ¸ve claims a 40 percent commission on all works sold while on display. All work is shown at
the artist’s own risk. All work shipped to PrÃ¸ve must be sent with return
shipping or be picked up by the artist or an artist’s representative.
E-mail submissions to nick @ provegallery.com or send via mail with enclosed return postage to:
21 N. Lake Ave.
Duluth MN 55802
Include the following:
– Artist statement as a PDF, including a brief statement on each piece if needed.
– Up to ten images or video of work for consideration in pdf, jpg, mov, or avi format.
– Submissions are due by Dec. 31. This is not a postmark date, but an arrive-by
– Selected artists will be notified at the end of the day on Jan. 2.
– Drop off dates are Jan. 3-5, from 3 to 7 p.m. All work shipped to the gallery must arrive no later than Jan. 9 and include return postage.
– The opening reception for “Fragility” will be Jan. 11 from 7 to 11 p.m.
– The show will run for two weeks and conclude on Jan. 26.
– Pick up will be Jan 31 through Feb. 2 from 3 to 7 p.m.
Direct any questions to Nickolas Monson, nick @ provegallery.com.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here