Perfect Duluth Day | Duluth News Events Music and More

Little Free Library in the Twin Ports?

Someone asked on Twitter today if there are any Little Free Libraries in the Twin Ports. So, are there any around?

(While reading the blog, I noticed that Claire wrote an article for Publishers Weekly on the movement … maybe you might know?)

basse051

The Otis family has one on Allendale Avenue, between East Faribault and East Owatanna steets in Woodland.

Chelsea

There is a new Little Free Library in front of the Dorothy Day House (1712 Jefferson Street)! Read on.

Claire

The only local connection I knew before this thread to the Little Library movement was that Scott Boi, who lives in Duluth, is the brother of the founder of the movement. Glad to hear there are some local libraries. I've long considered putting one up myself.

BadCat!

Google Maps shows three in Duluth and one in Proctor. [img]http://www.perfectduluthday.com/wp-content/uploads/comments/duluth-little-free-libraries.jpg[/img]

Claire

Here's a link to the story I wrote last year about Little Free Libraries. Three Minneapolis Presses Unite for Little Free Library Promotion

The Big E

Heh. I just wandered by the one in Lakeside tonight and wondered what it was. Good thing I read this.

Cotly

Found the Morgan Park Little Free Library a few weeks ago on a walk with my time-share dog.

normansandiego

A new one popped up on Skyline just west of Chester Creek the other day. Very cute.

Dave Lull

3802 Allendale Ave., Duluth, Minnesota 55803 Jonathan Otis, Steward - #404 jwotis @ hotmail.com GPS Coord: 46.848224, -92.079441 4005 Dodge St., Duluth, Minnesota 55804 Joetta Snow, Steward - #328 joettasnow @ yahoo.com GPS Coord: 46.8343247, -92.0420327 In Honor of the Contemporary Study Book Club 997 84th Ave. W., Duluth, Minnesota 55808 Steve & Janelle Schoenbauer, Stewards - #2336 Schoenbauer13 @ hotmail.com Front Yard; Reused Materials GPS Coord: 46.69203, -92.20583 1612 E. Skyline Parkway Duluth, Minnesota 55805 John Pastor, Steward - #2278 jpastor @ d.umn.edu Front Yard; Generally Good Books GPS Coord: 46.811140, -92.091404 Little Free Library Index

TimK

Pictures, people!

Claire

Update on Little Free Libraries: Publisher's Weekly: Building Momentum for Little Free Libraries There are about a half dozen of them in the Twin Ports. My family and I have decided we are going to buy one and mount it in our front yard. I'm waiting for the ground to thaw first.

jessige

Mad props if you make it look like this one.