Northland’s NewsCenter and Charter Communications reach carriage deal

The Northland’s NewsCenter has announced that the Northland’s CW 2 (KDLH DT 3.2) and My 9 (KBJR DT 6.2) will be returning to the Charter cable lineup after being absent since early March.

“Today is a great day for fans of CW 2, My 9 and most of all, the community,” said David Jensch, vice-president and station manager. “Whether you watch UMD hockey or America’s Next Top Model, fans of the great programming on these stations can now enjoy their shows without interruption.”

My 9 and the CW 2 have been off the Charter system since March 12. Charter Communications has noted it will return the signals as soon as possible.

This was invertible. The shit would've hit the fan for both companies once everybody started missing the UMD football and hockey games.

The commercial messages urging people to demand that Charter carry these channels always left a bad taste in my mouth. It seemed so desperate. I know this lack of availability would mean reduced commercial revenue for KBJR, but the begging seemed so cheap. I have no dog in this fight because I refuse to pay for television. Cable cost $100 per month, tickets to ALL Bulldogs events in a month would not be that much. See you at the games.

The Big E

I hate to sound like That Guy, but I didn't even know that was going on. We get basic cable because for whatever reason the bundle deal from Charter (ugh--long story) was cheaper than landline+internet without TV. But we don't have it hooked up because we prefer the over-the-air content--I built one of these for a few bucks. [I bought the washers and wire at Marshall Hardware, the balun at Radio Shack. Didn't bother with a reflector. Put it on the mini-porch/fire escape thing upstairs and it works reasonably well.]

B-man, I concur. I have not payed for T.V. for over 10 years. I don't feel I've missed a thing. I see UMD games for free over the air, so I wouldn't have missed out on that either. I was actually hoping people would get fed up over this, cancel cable, and start enjoying a less television-centered life. If there is a cable generated program I really want to see, I can find it online. In the future (cue eerie music) paying for television content will have gone the way of paying for long distance phone calls and land lines.

I meant to say "paid"... I think.

I'm so glad the CW and My 9 will be returned. It's about time. Now I can watch my Supernatural and Hart of Dixie without a converter box. I didn't like it that way anyways. Every time Supernatural or Hart of Dixie was on I had to be home to watch it and record it because the converter box and antenna kept going out and now I don't have to worry. I can just record it on my DVR without the channel going out, so yay.