Artists and designers — especially those with a special love for the outdoors or horses — are needed to help a new Duluth area trail-building group develop a logo. The Duluth Area Horse Trail Alliance is holding a logo contest that will be the centerpiece of its promotional campaigns.
The newly formed group is made up of horse owners who want to help expand and connect multi-use trails through the south end of St. Louis County and into Carlton County and Jay Cooke. Bikers, hikers and horse riders will all benefit by pooling their combined goal for 50 miles of connected trails.
“Trail clubs are well established for many recreational sports, but it’s been a few decades since local horse trail riders have organized to have a say in trail development. We want to be part of the planning, building and maintaining,” said Candy Barbo, president of the Alliance. “Attractive and safe horse trails will also bring riders from other areas to enjoy Duluth as a destination, so it helps the local economy, too.”
A special award ceremony and unveiling will announce the winner who will receive $75 cash and merchandise generated with the logo. Artwork submissions, or questions about the contest, should be emailed to agullion49 @ gmail.com or mailed to Anne Gullion, 1885 Connors Road, Cloquet, MN 55720. Please note the following guidelines for each submission:
· Deadline for entries is June 17, 2012 by 5 p.m.
· Two complementary logo versions are needed: one with the full organization name (Duluth Area Horse Trail Alliance) and one with just the artwork. A suite of options and variations may be submitted.
· Logo design should be clean and simple, incorporating group name, horse (or horse and rider) and trail themes.
· Winning entry becomes property of the Trail Alliance for Duluth Area Horses.
· Entries can be submitted as hand drawings or computer art (at least 300 ppi, EPS format preferred).
· Mailed submissions will not be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed and stamped envelope.